What I like about watercolor is that you only get one chance. It makes me slow down and really think about my strokes and what they will look like before I put the tip of my brush down. The key to good watercolor is no hesitation which I think I often still lack. Another thing to remember is white and highlights. Without it watercolor looks pretty bland and two dimensional. Once the white gets covered up you've ruined the painting. These are a series of drawings adapted from David Downton. If you don't already know about him, he is probably my favorite fashion illustrator. His strokes are minimal and full of deliberation. Some of the most b-e-a-utiful blending and simplicity I've seen. Check him out at http://www.daviddownton.com

Also you can find the wallpaper for this (1440x900) here.

Leave a Reply