WHOA another year passed by...dang did that go by fast.  My blog is officially two...thats right, count 'em, TWO years old.


Last year I wrote a nice little blog post about 2011 so I guess I'll keep with tradition and post again. Before we move forward, however, lets recap my resolutions from the beginning of this current year:


Resolutions for 2011:
Draw everyday, post to blog.....FAIL
Find mechanism to motivate self when unmotivated......SEMI-FAIL
Avoid riding feelings of frustration and annoyance for too long....SEMI-FAIL 
Exercise more.....FAIL
Cook and eat healthier......MAJOR FAIL
Read more.....OK
Bring lunch to work.....WIN....see below
Cut back on coffee......ANOTHER MAJOR FAIL


Spectacular, now that we got that out of the way, I'd say that 2012 is already looking MUCH more promising.


As most of you have probably figured out by now, I'm living in LA.  I decided a while back that I was becoming quite settled in my job and that it wasn't such a great fit anymore.  Don't get me wrong, architecture still has a special place in my heart and I think the idea of it is still appealing to me but it's the actual in's and out's of the job that started to really wear on me.  So after a year of heavy contemplation and finding my balls, I turned my back on my completely finished IDP hours and left my job...hence the I no longer had to bring lunch to work because I work from home resolution.  Since then I've done a lot of freelance...including coloring for Marvel and Cartoon Network, completing two book designs...with a couple more on the way hopefully, took a bunch of classes honing my skills, updated my portfolio which looks pretty professional now...and most recently, full time freelance for Nickelodeon.  BOOM.  IN YO FACE.  WHAT.  THATS RIGHT.  JAZZ HANDS.


Of course I couldn't have done it without my awesome dude, my mostly supportive asian parents who are really coming around, all the new friends I have made this year, and my puppy who keeps me sane and provides mandatory breaks.


Aight, hopefully this year is EVEN better.  I will attempt to update more and actually write about the new field I'm in.  I will also try to post stuff from work but most of it is under confidentiality agreements and what not.  So when that expires, I'll put it up.


And before I forget...


Resolutions for 2012:
Draw everyday, post to blog...write something
Exercise more...cycling
Cook and eat healthier...fo real this time
Read more...or at least listen to more audiobooks
Watch more old movies
Shower everyday and get dressed....which is surprisingly difficult when you work from home
Beef up portfolio
Improve storyboarding skills 
Do more freelance
GET A FULL TIME IN HOUSE JOB

Leave a Reply